Dear SHS Students and Families,
We are pleased to share additional information and opportunities for our high school students to participate in athletics. What seems to be true in this pandemic, there will likely be adjustments, and we will continue to communicate these changes in a timely manner, as needed.
For now, we are sharing the following athletic updates:
- Cheerleading will begin outdoor practices at SHS on February 17th, 2021 on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays from 3:30 to 5:30 pm.
- Soccer and Cross Country are conducting conditioning workouts and official season practices will begin on February 22nd.
- Out of season programs, including football and volleyball, may conduct outdoor conditioning workouts, effective February 8th.
- All registration fees are waived this year. We encourage our students to participate!
- Prior to official season start dates, all athletes must have a current physical, insurance and SPS COVID-19 liability waiver on file, in order to participate.
Registration for approved Season 2 sports is currently open. This includes Soccer, Cross Country, Sideline Cheer and Non-contact Dance. At this time, football nor volleyball are approved.
Registration for approved Season 3 sports will begin on March 1st. This includes Golf, Tennis, Track and Field, Softball, Baseball and Girls Lacrosse. At this time, Boys Lacrosse is not approved.
We will fully comply with all Oregon Health Authority and OSAA regulations and recommendations, including health and safety protocols for all workouts, practices and competitions.
Thank you for your patience and support.
Principal da Silva